Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Collection of Poetry

Birds in Cages

We are all but birds in cages
Watching the world pass by
Free to do as we wish
Within the confines of life

We are all but birds in cages
Some of us no longer know that we can fly
Our wings, they grow weak
With the passing of time

We are all but birds in cages
Few of us asking why
Confined to the paradigm
Some of us cry

We are all but birds in cages
Now is my time to try
I will escape this cage
Spread my wings and fly



Child

Smaller than I could
Even begin to feel inside
My child I love you


The Roses, They Speak to Me

The roses, they speak to me
of nature's bliss.
They speak to me of the perfection
within the imperfection.
They speak to me of the love
of a mother earth.

The roses, they speak to me
of things unbound.
They speak to me of the thorn
of life and protection.
They speak to me of the soul
within all.



Twilightrose

A twilightrose is a rose unseen
a rose unheard
a rose unsung.

A twilightrose is akin to a diamond
in the rough
hidden in the rock.

A twilightrose is one whose beauty
is still hidden
waiting for the dawn.

A twilightrose am I.



Mother May I?

Mother may I go out and play?
Mother may I cross the street?
Mother may I stay the night?

Mother may I have this dress?
Mother may I date this boy?
Mother may I stay out late?

Mother may I have my dreams?
Mother may I be as I wish?
Mother may I be left alone?

Mother may I grow up?
Mother may I be a woman?
Mother may I move out?

Mother I am going to be independent.


Owl

I think that you are confused
Mr. Owl, for it is day.
I hear you hooting,
hooting away.

I think that you are confused
Mr. Owl, for you are wrong.
It is day and you are hooting,
hooting away.

Mr. Owl, don't you know,
haven't you been told?
Mr. Owl, you are an owl,
and owls sleep during the day.

I've listened to you for months now,
Mr. Owl, and I must say,
I find your boldness to hoot in the day,
quite inspiring.

You see, Mr. Owl, if you can hoot in the day
then I can hoot in the night.
Regardless of what others think, Mr. Owl,
you are right.

Make your own way, Mr. Owl
and do as you wish.
Make your own way, Mr. Owl
and hoot to your hearts content.


Spring

Flowers blossoming
Rain pouring in quick bursts
Spring has come today





My Love

Like spring time flowers, like the deepest blue
Within the deep green sea, there lies a secret
And in the whispers of the wind, there is a smile

Where the mountains grow steep, and the rivers flow deep
Where the animals are free to roam, and the trees reach the sky
And no one asks why, that is where

The valleys call out to me, they call for my company
For me to come frolic, and play
In this secret place that no one knows, but me

The red rose weeps, or friends that it's lost
And the daisy grows, wishing to be the rose
And just what the dragonfly does, nobody knows

Maybe he talks, maybe he works
Maybe he just goes, but these things all fit
And they all love, just as I love you



War

Problem, solution
Nature of man so blind
Might does not make right


Sands of Time

The sands of time, are always shifting
what might have been
may not have been

Every action, every moment
and the sands of time
shift

What should be, what will be
is always changing, and shifting
with the sands of time

No comments: